The following must be done with Firefox closed!
In the old Profile folder ( /home/USR/.mozilla/firefox/DIR ) copy the files “signons.txt” and “key3.db” to your new one.
- To recover bookmarks: bookmarks.html
- To recover address book: abook.mab
- To recover junk mail controls: training.dat
- To recover cookies: cookies.txt, cookperm.txt, and hostperm.1
- To recover personal dictionary: persdict.dat (on MAC this may be cust.dic)
- To recover extensions and themes: the chrome folder. In Thunderbird the extensions and themes folders
- There are other files, such as *.rdf that you may wish to copy.
- The NEWS folder
- Some people have had trouble when they have copied the entire MAIL folder, so here is an alternative:
From the MAIL folder: for each mail account: all files except those with extension “.msf”