I didn’t find any programs able to fill all ID3 tags of our mp3 collection in a totally automatic way yet. But… EasyTAG can catch information for us, we only have to confirm its suggestions.
$ sudo apt-get install easytag
- Open EasyTAG and navigate to the album folder which contains the files you want to edit.
- Click the blue box icon to select all files.
- Click the CD icon for Search CDDB.
- Click on Find in the window that comes up.
- Select the correct album from the search results.
- Click the blue Select All icon.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the Close button
- Click on the Save Files icon.
- Click Yes on the confirmation prompts